Who shoots SxS or O/U?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Delta G, Sep 27, 2005.

1. rmb79

rmb79 Elite Refuge Member

7322A060-B8C8-4220-9E23-C8048D6CB8D1.png 1959 Browning Superposed Lightning

10GAGENUT likes this.
  2. rhpierce

rhpierce Elite Refuge Member

When my first wife finally told me I could go buy the gun I’d been dreaming of, I went straight to the store. The guy behind the counter said, “can I help you?”

“Yes, sir. I would like a Citori Lightning, 12-gauge, 28” barrels, 3” chambers...”

He grinned, said, “I like a man who knows what he wants.”, and went to get one for me. I took it home and cleaned all the grease off, got everything ready, and discovered it was about 2 am, when I had to get up at 3:30 to go hunt, so I just stayed up. I was 24 years old and could do that more easily then. That was 1994; I’ve hunted ducks, doves, pheasants, chukar, rabbits, quail, snipe, geese, and squirrels with her, shot trap, skeet, sporting clays, hand thrown clay pigeons, and even a beaver swimming through my decoys one morning.

It has dings in the stock from my long gone Lab, the bluing is worn from taking it in and out of the case, and I love shooting it.

Also have a Superposed Magnum, and a couple old sxs’s, one a steel barreled LC Smith Grade 3 from 1898.

Fowler267 and Rubberhead like this.
  3. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I've told the story before but my first paycheck after graduating college went to getting my High School girlfriend an engagement ring, the second went to getting a Citori. Now, 32 years later, I still have them both and both are still beautiful and both still love salt water...here's the gun...

[​IMG]

Fowler267, WoodieSC, JP and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

I devoted the entire 2009-10 season to shooting every duck that year with a SxS...my numbers were off a bit because I don't shoot the 12 gauge BSS nearly was well as the 20 gauge BSS or the Citori I managed a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WoodieSC, 10GAGENUT, rhpierce and 2 others like this.
  5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Looks like you made good choice early on.

6. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

^^^ In both instances.

7. Small Bore Hunter

Small Bore Hunter New Member

Shoot at 28 gauge Beretta S/S at all upland. Cannot tell the difference between 28 & 410 on quail over dogs but doves are a different story. Ducks new Browning A5 but at end of season this year I got a Beretta A400 in 28 for next year. Don’t want to strach the S/S in the boat and auto loads better in boat and pit. At ducks I have to shoot premium shells Bismuth to Heavy Shot for pellet energy.

8. Draht Dog

Draht Dog Senior Refuge Member

It stands for New Ithaca Double. I want a Nid 10 gauge so bad I can taste it.

Let me know if you want to sell it.

9. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I shoot O/U's....but not at live game.

10. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I shoot a Browning Citori White Lightning for Doves & Upland game, I shoot a vintage '97 Beretta Gold Super Sporting for Sporting Clays.