Wichita area pheasant hunting...

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by olepal, Dec 4, 2017.

1. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

I get to Wichita several times a year. Pheasant hunting is a bucket list thing for me and at 69 years old, time may be running out.
    I am up here this week, can't hunt this week, but would like to get in contact with someone, or a guide, etc., that could make it happen in the near future.
    Your thoughts please.

olepal

2. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Olepal, my brother in law has had excellent experiences at Upland Inn Hunts. His company goes yearly. You might give them a call and see if you can get in as a single gun. I don't think it's cheap, but if it's a bucket list kind of deal, it's probably worth spending the money. http://www.uplandinnhunts.com/

olepal likes this.
  3. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Come to dodge and I'll take you out.

olepal and Mallets like this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Place west of there on 54 in Kingman. Preserve mess, but the guy was nice. Lots of public within an hour or so.

5. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

Spent three years in Wichita not exactly a hot area for pheasants. Two hours north or west will get you into birds. If your by yourself you'll need a dog.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. duckhuntingUSA

duckhuntingUSA Elite Refuge Member

Bucket list hunt, about 75 miles east of Wichita is a place called Flint Oaks. Highly recommend it. Not real hunting IMO. But fun. I’d youve never done a European Hunt it’s a good place. Again not hunting. European hunts are not at all hunting. Feels unethical, but huge fun. IMO.
    If you do a field hunt there don’t be distracted by the quail running at your feet. Wait for the pheasants. And if they offer you a Bennili with an extended mag for the European hunt, take it, you’ll appreciate the couple extra shots. IMO.

ED Vanderbeck likes this.