Word of the Day, April 10, 2018, Romans 12:1-3

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, April 10, 2018

“ And as You speak a hundred billion failures disappear. Where You lost Your life so I could find it here. If You left the grave behind You so will I. I can see Your heart in everything You’ve done. Every part designed in a work of art called love. If You gladly chose surrender so will I. I can see Your heart eight billion different ways. Every precious one. A child You died to save. If You gave Your life to love them so will I.”

Romans 12:1-3

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Do you ever read a bible verse that reminds you of a time in your life when that verse really moved you? These verses do this for me ever time I read them. Before I left for Canaan, the men at my church, some good friends and my Dad had a prayer vigil for me and a good friend of mine read Romans 12: 1-8. This really touched me at that time in my life. Today it still touches me every time I hear it or read it myself. It is my desire to not be conformed to this world and to only serve the King of kings.

These verses in Chapter 12 are about a “surrendered life” for Christ.. Paul is telling the Romans to present your body as a living sacrifice. What does that mean? In my opinion it means for me to give it all to God, use me Lord for your kingdom, use me to help your children in this world, use me to take my trials in life and to be able to use them to help other people going through the same trials and spread the word of God throughout my world. This is called self sacrifice for Christ. Use me Father God for what every you need of me.

There are two words in these three verses that really stick out to me. Present and Prove. Present your body as a living sacrifice. That means to give up the old self and be wiling to be a servant for Christ and not for our own self. That may be hard and we faced that each day. I know I do. GOD is full of mercies. Are we willing to be full of mercies for people that hurt us, for those in need of mercy like for the lost, the beggar, the drunk or druggie, the prisoner or someone that is just in need of our mercy and grace. I went off on a bunny trail there for a second but that is what GOD’s mercies are all about and by presenting your self as a living sacrifice, you are willing to die of self and become more like Christ.

Paul’s reference here is about the whole word of GOD, grace and mercy. These verses should move us, excited us and drive us towards a life of glorifying the kingdom of GOD. The riches and their depth of divine mercy were shown in previous chapters of Romans. Sometimes it is just one word in the bible that touches us as we read the word. Present touches me. It is my pray daily. It is what we should do for GOD. Be Christ like daily, less of us and more of Him.

Be not conformed to the world. Stay in the word of GOD and not the word of man. I watch a man in Canaan that was a walking encyclopedia about self-help books and could quote them word for word but as we got to know him, he was really sadden and depressed most of the time because he never had the renewing of his mind through Christ. This man thought that he could make himself happy and have peace and joy in his life. He never Proved what was true and what was not. The books he was reading were not good, acceptable or perfect like the word of GOD. The world is opposed to that of Christ. Satan is the prince of this world and Christ died to deliver us from the wicked world of then, today and the future. Be transformed and changed into a new life by renewing of your mind. We need to have spiritual renewing in our mind and heart now.

Paul speaks of the grace he received and humility of himself and also tells his brethren to do the same. We need less self-exaltation and more humility. It is the humble that are exalted. We are to think soberly. Judge and review our self, our faults, our gifts and our talents and how we can use them for Christ.

We can enable the measure of faith to find and use our spiritual gifts. Ordinary faith is not what saves the soul, but extraordinary faith. Grace and gifts flow from the measure of your faith. The measure of your faith shows your willingness to serve, to love thy neighbor and your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Prove GOD’s word by reading, studying, one on one with a bible mentor and bible studies with other believers and Present yourself as Christ would, with love, mercy and grace as a faithful and living sacrifice as a servant of Christ.

“ The sun comes up it's a new day dawning. It's time to sing Your song again. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me. Let me be singing when the evening comes. Bless the Lord oh my soul. Oh my soul.”

Timothy P. Furness