Word of the Day, February 11, 2019, Isaiah 55:12

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Feb 11, 2019 at 8:23 AM.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, February 11, 2019

“ If we call to Him, He will answer us. If we run to Him, He will run to us. If we lift our hands, He will lift us up. Come now praise his name, all you saints of God. Sing for joy to God our strength. Sing for joy to God our strength, our strength.”

Isaiah 55:12

12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Joy: to experience great pleasure or delight; a state of happiness; a source or cause of delight; great happiness

Over a 165 times the word Joy is in the Bible. How do we gain true joy? By ourselves or from GOD above? Do we seek joy from GOD or from earthly pleasures?

I’ll let the Word of GOD speak this morning instead of me.

John 15:11: 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Isaiah 51:11:11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

John 16:22: 22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Pure joy comes from the Lord. If you have joy in the Lord, no person can take that away. If you believe this, I believe you will have joy no matter what is going on in your life. Knowing that Christ is in my life, gives me joy. My strength comes from the joy that GOD provides.

Nehemiah 8:10: 10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

1 Peter 1:8: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Isaiah 61:10: 10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Psalm 30:5: 5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

As a wise pastor shared with me years ago that each and every new day, arise, put your feet on the floor and give GOD the glory, praise Him for all that is in your life, ask Him what you can do for the kingdom today and know that you joy comes from Him and your faith.

Psalm 89:15-16: 15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. 16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.

I’ll finish with this verse which should be our pray for each other each new day. 13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

“ Joyful, joyful, we adore Thee, God of glory, Lord of love; Hearts unfold like flow’rs before Thee, Op’ning to the sun above. Melt the clouds of sin and sadness; Drive the dark of doubt away; Giver of immortal gladness, Fill us with the light of day!”

Timothy P. Furness