Word of the Day, November 6, 2018, John 3:16-17

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, November 6, 2018

“ Who could imagine so great a mercy? What heart could fathom such boundless grace? The God of ages stepped down from glory to wear my sin and bear my shame. The cross has spoken, I am forgiven. The King of kings calls me His own. Beautiful Savior, I'm Yours forever. Jesus Christ, my living hope. Hallelujah, praise the One who set me free. Hallelujah, death has lost its grip on me. You have broken every chain. There's salvation in Your name. Jesus Christ, my living hope.”

John 3:16-17

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hallelujah, praise the One who set me free. My WOD’s the last few weeks have been about sin destroying lives and how stupid and weak we can be with the flesh. It has been about how all of us need to be in the Word, be in fellowship within the Church, to be in prayer and fellowship with GOD, to be accountable for our own actions, to not get so close to the line of sin and to be asking of the Holy Spirit within you to guide you each and every moment.

A sister in Christ told me yesterday that she did not want to deal with my WOD some days because they hit her and she did not want to deal with her own flesh. I told her that I had to write it first for me to be able to share with everyone else. I must, we must first look inward when we read or hear the scriptures and apply it to ourselves, not the person sitting next to you, a person you think needs to hear the message but ourselves first.

So now I will speak of the love of GOD today. Do we, as Christians understand “For GOD so loved the world?” Do we understand that He sent His Son, Christ Jesus into the world not to condemn, but that we might be saved through Jesus Christ?

Sometimes we need to stop and read the scriptures word by word.

So

GOD so loved the world. How did He love this world that was and is so full of sin? How does He send His SON to die on a cross to save a wretch like me? Because GOD is Love.

Begotten

The meaning of begotten is pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class. Jesus is GOD’s one and only SON and he sent Him to save us from death. Why would GOD the Father do this? Because GOD is Love.

Believeth

“ For whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.” There is a choice that we all must choose. Self or Christ? Why do you have to choose? Because GOD is Love.

Condemn

Christ did not come to earth to condemn but to save us from death eternal. Through Christ, we will live forever. No matter what you have done, you can turn to Jesus and seek forgiveness. Why? Because GOD is Love.

Saved

“ with man this is impossible, but with GOD all things are possible.” We must be saved and it is not a Pope, a Father, a Minister, a Priest, a Missionary, a Preacher man or a Preacher woman, but only through Christ our LORD and Saviour. We must seek Christ and nobody else. Why? Because GOD is Love.

As believer, never neglect your salvation. Remember that love that came from GOD sending His only SON. As one that has never called upon His name, reach out to Him today, seeking forgiveness, believing that Christ is the SON of GOD, that He died for you, rose the third day and is coming again for the believers. Why would He do all of this for you and me? Because GOD is Love.

“ I'll remind myself of all that you've done and the life I have because of your son. Love came down and rescued me. Love came down and set me free. I am yours. Lord I'm forever yours.”

Timothy P. Furness