Word of the Day, September 12, 2017, Luke 11:1

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Marty, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Word of the Day, September 12, 2017

“ And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul.”

Luke 11:1

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

As many of you know, I attend a Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer. I have to say that this is the best night of my week. To be able to get together with men of GOD, singing, hearing a charge and spending time corporately in prayer is such a blessing. I would encourage all of you get involved in a prayer meeting.

Jesus gave us many examples of pray starting with the LORD’s Prayer in verses 2-4 in Luke 11. He prayed at His baptism in Luke 3: 21, also in a solitary place in Mark 1:35. Luke tells us about Jesus was in the wilderness, a lonely place in Luke 5:16 and all night in the mountain before choosing the Twelve was shared with us in Luke 6:12. Jesus before His invitation, “Come unto me” he prayed “ I thank thee, O Father, LORD of heaven and earth” in Matthew 1:25-27.

Christ prayed in Luke 9:28-29 before His Transfiguration, for the little children, before the raising of Lazarus in John 11:41-42. Jesus prayed before the Last Supper and for Peter, and for His disciples in John 17. Christ even prayed on the cross in Luke 23:34 asking GOD, “ forgive them, for they not know what they do.”

Jesus put a lot of emphasis on private prayer also in Matthew 6:6 in our own prayer closet. I don’t want you to think that this rules us out of public or group prayer, but I think the largest part of our prayer life should be private with one on one to GOD. If we can lift our hearts to GOD, before and after every important decision, for strength and guidance or in thanksgiving and let this time be between you and GOD totally filled with openness and complete humility I believe that there will be no other thing that will bring such great joy in our lives. We can call upon on our closest FRIEND, hand in hand with the all-powerful GOD to discuss everything, even the simplest thing in our lives each day.

Father GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I pray that I can have the practice or habit of prayer, to learn and apply to myself with patience in my prayers. I pray for the persistence and perseverance for my prayer life and the faith in my prayers for those that are lifted up to GOD in prayer. I also pray to give you all the glory no matter how my prayers are answered. I pray that my relationship grows closer and closer each and everyday and that I walk hand in hand with my Father GOD. Thank You Father GOD.

“ And Lord we stand amazed in Your presence. Astounded by Your mercy and love. Our hands are lifted high in surrender. Your grace for me is always enough and there is no one higher than our God. There is no one higher than our You.”

Timothy P. Furness