WTT deer for black duck

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by No_tamies_please, Aug 27, 2018.

1. No_tamies_please

No_tamies_please New Member

Im wondering if anybody was willing to swap a deer hunt in sc for a black duck.We dont practice qdma because we hunt for the freezer.If nobody wants to take up the offer,does anyone know of a guide that has good luck with the blacks.This is my top trophy duck that I always wanted,thanks.

2. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Guessing your wanting a black duck was about to say I would trade you a deer hunt for black duck.

3. Duck Wrangler

Duck Wrangler Senior Refuge Member

Look at the eastern shore of Virginia(Andy Linton, Greyson Chesser), or New Jersey(Reedy Creek Outfitters). That would be a good starting point.
    If you want sea ducks too, you can look further north. We killed blacks/brant with Ruben Perez in Jan while up there for Eiders/Scoter.

4. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Senior Refuge Member

X2

5. Jjm

Jjm Refuge Member

If your in Ohio after Thanksgiving contact me. Blacks are almost a given in the bag everyday the areas I hunt.
    Don’t need a swap for deer. I see more deer while I am duck hunting than most deer hunters see.

cholt likes this.
  6. cholt

I would swap you a diver hunt in north Al. For a black duck hunt

7. Jjm

Jjm Refuge Member

Second split of season for zone I primarily hunt comes back in Nov 17, anytime would be good to get black ducks on or after that date. Let me know if you are interested.
    Message me I will give my contact info and discuss where I am sndvwaht type of hunting conditions to expect

8. Fishun Injun

Fishun Injun Senior Refuge Member

Ironic thing:Back in the 70's you would have had no problem killing SEVERAL Black Ducks in S. Carolina....as I would usually kill 6 or 8 every season while hunting primarily wood ducks in the swamps of Central/East Alabama!!

9. cholt

I have talked to some guys who still kill a few in north al.

10. Ohh2ofowl

Ohh2ofowl Senior Refuge Member

I have a place on the Ohio River if you can get up here. The WV non-resident license is about $100 cheaper than an Ohio license. Season opens after Dec 18 and runs till last weekend in January. Deer for freezer is fine.