Wyoming sets hunt for 2 dozen grizzlies

Discussion in 'Montana / Wyoming Flyway Forum' started by sdkidaho, Mar 12, 2018.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

2. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Hope it goes through too... but 6k for a non res license??!??!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wont the majority of the hunting take place on federal lands, where res and non res alike pay taxes?

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Might be, but the Feds don't sell big game licenses.

4. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

If you want to play you're gonna pay...state sets their own fees. I put in for a non-resident deer combination for this year...six hundred and some odd dollars. If I get drawn it comes with a season fishing license, which I would be buying anyway since we'll be in Ennis all summer, so now the deer is a bit less expensive.

Sunklands likes this.
  5. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Point being we all pay for the land, and we all payed for grizzly recovery.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

And the people that live in a State pay local taxes, which funds the State Govt, which, on the State level, handles enforcement and management. OOSers don't pay that, so they need to make it up in other ways.

Is there a State that charges the same for Big Game licenses for Residents and Non-Residents?
    I notice NC residents pay $10 for a bear license. OOSers pay $225. So, I guess all the States do it.

7. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

Oregon bear tags and lion tags are the same for residents and nonresidents.

8. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

I was up at Ennis back in ‘98. I’m from Southeast Missouri and don’t get out much but, that was a helluva fishing and camping trip. I went out there with a girlfriend I had at the time and her folks lived in Idaho around Pocatello. I’m an avid fisherman(catfish and crappie) so, I took along several small rods. We camped up in the mountains on the opposite side of the river from Ennis and I think it was on the west fork of the Madison and it was full of Brookies. I’m no fly fisherman but was using a medium light shimano reel and loomis rod(really Cadillac set up back in those days for crappie). My girlfriends dad who wasn’t an outdoorsman told me “Panther Martin” and he was right. I found that the black with gold spinner on a sunny day and yellow and silver spinner on a cloudy day, would maul them. We were up there for about a week and it was one of the best times. I also fished that “quake lake, Mack’s Inn in Idaho, salmon river in I think Stanley Idaho, sawtooth mountains and a ton of places in between. Thanks for mentioning Ennis, we were 18 and just graduated. I was fishing, she was beautiful and we were camping.

Mean Gene likes this.