Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area lottery changes and info

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by tulegoose, Oct 12, 2018.

1. tulegoose

tulegoose Senior Refuge Member

Wanted to let everyone know how we are running the lottery for this year and other information for Yolo.

When you arrive to sign up for the lottery. Present your Hunting license and fill out the lottery sheet with your name and GO Identification number. If you want to bring a partner to hunt with you, you must identify them when you sign up for the lottery draw and fill their name on the lottery sheet. On the hunt day, you will be allowed to bring that person in with you and only that person. There will be no substitutions.

· Wednesday hunt day: The lottery sign-up will be open from 1630-1900 at the YBWA HQ on the Tuesday night before. The lottery will be held at 1900 hours.

· Saturday hunt day: The lottery sign-up will be open from 1630-1900 at the YBWA HQ on the Friday night before with the exception of Thanksgiving (See below). The lottery will be held at 1900 hours.

· Sunday hunt day: The lottery sign-up will be at the hunter Check Station on Saturday up until 1900 hours. The lottery will be held at 1900 hours.

Thanksgiving Lottery: The Lottery for the Saturday following Thanksgiving will be held on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 1900 hours. Hunters can sign up for the lottery at the Check station on Wednesday up until 1900 hours.

Christmas Lottery: The Lottery for the Wednesday after Christmas will be held on Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 1900 hours. Hunters can sign up for the lottery at the Check station on Sunday up until 1900 hours.

New Years Lottery: The Lottery for the Wednesday after New Years will be held on Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 1900 hours. Hunters can sign up for the lottery at the Check station on Sunday up until 1900 hours.

We draw 35 reservations and 2 ADA reservations

Refill:

Blinds – Blinds will be filled as they become available but before 1400 hours. No blind refills will occur after 1400 hours. Blinds will be offered to the first person in line to take or refuse. If they refuse the blind, they may stay on top of the list and the next person in line is offered the blind. This occurs until the blind is refilled or the list is exhausted.

Free Roam: The first person on the lottery list will be offered entry into Free Roam. If they refuse entry into Free Roam, they may stay on top of the list and the next person in line is offered entry into Free Roam. This occurs until the quota is refilled or the list is exhausted. No entry onto the YBWA will occur after 1500 hours.

Hope everyone has a good season and best of luck

Joe

2. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

14:00 hrs is a pretty early cutoff, that kinda sucks.

3. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

Tule, thanks for the clarification on everything, this is very helpful. What is the free roam quota this year?

Norcal Ducker likes this.
  4. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

thank you Joe, the clarification is very helpful.

5. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

Thanks, this suits me so I approve :tu

6. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

thanks for the scoop.... to bad we don't have all refuge staff giving updates on this site... oh that might not work to well...:l:l

I like the 2 o clock cut off for blinds... nothing worse than a guy walking out to his blind at 3 30 and start setting spread, as your trying to hunt the last hour or so..

EL GURU and J.Bennett like this.
  7. twoducks

twoducks Senior Refuge Member

Thank you very much for that info. I very much appreciate that and wish all areas were so forth coming
    One question I do have and did not see it addressed is are you going to do a lottery purge at 8am if Refuge is filled. It is being used most everywhere on the north end up here ,Sac Complex ,Upper Butte Basin and most folks like it I believe. Please let me know. Thank you

8. tulegoose

tulegoose Senior Refuge Member

I leave for Montana in a couple hours and will be gone for two weeks so I apologize if I do not answer all the questions before I get out of here.
    1 ½ hours before shoot time - All reservations have expired. Staff can process the rest of the lottery list in order to fill the WA to quota. Approximately 10 minutes after the WA quota is filled, names from the existing lottery list will be called to determine the final lottery list for refill. Anyone that is at the WA and checks in when his or her name is called will remain on the list in the previous order. If you are not present when called, you will be removed from the lottery list. If you come in later that morning, you can be added to the end of the list as a new arrival.

9. EL GURU

EL GURU Senior Refuge Member

[QUOTE="mark seaters, post:
    I like the 2 o clock cut off for blinds... nothing worse than a guy walking out to his blind at 3 30 and start setting spread, as your trying to hunt the last hour or so..[/QUOTE]

Straight up. 2 o’clock is perfect. Some long walks out there so by the time you register, drive out, gear up and walk out it puts you around 3 if your moving. Anything later than that is screwing over the guys already in the field.

10. Poule deaux

Poule deaux New Member

Thanks for putting everything in writing. Couple of questions with regards to blinds....1 if there is an open blind available to lottery hunters, only 2 May hunt the blind ( lottery winner and registered guest) ? 2 All hunters wishing to refill a blind must be present and signed up together on list or just single party leader? Once again thank you for reaching out !